BTG is committed to expanding its digital business as a dataPARC Value-Added-Reseller (VAR) and has an immediate opening in Europe for a Project Implementation Engineer on the dataPARC Global Solutions Team (GST).
The Project Implementation Engineer will be responsible for completing engineering & industrial software configuration projects for a large variety of clients throughout EMEA region in pulp & paper and other process industries. Duties involve installing and configuring dataPARC software for new and existing customers and executing engineering projects for new and existing clients. This position will require extensive travel to customers’ sites to configure software, conduct training and work on customer-specific engineering tasks.
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with Capstone’s development and engineering teams, and the customer’s management team.
- Determines and develops project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards.
- Provides timely engineering solutions to problems associated with project assignments.
- Assists with the development of project schedules by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Leads system integration planning and coordination with the customer and third parties.
- Train customers (Operators, Engineers, Management) on use of software in their production environment
- Available to travel up to 60% of time.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- German fluency required
- Knowledge of dataPARC system a plus
- Operational Technology (OT) and IT experience with:
- Requirements analysis, Systems design
- Continuous process improvement, SPC/SQC
- Project management
- Manufacturing methods and procedures. Six Sigma and Lean manufacturing training, certification, and hands-on experience an asset
- Basic knowledge of application development in an object oriented programming language such as Visual Basic, Visual C++ or Visual Basic .Net
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in the use of Information Technology within the pulp & paper industry. System Administration skills an asset.
- IT and database skills consisting of detailed understanding of operating systems, industrial networks and communication protocols, advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Windows Server and Windows 10, and MS SQL Server.
- Instrument and controls experience, including systems integration and OPC classic & OPC UA
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical or Pulp and Paper Engineering. Process Control or IT specialization an asset.
- Minimum 2 years experience working in an operational or engineering capacity in the pulp and paper industry.
- Process operations, engineering or maintenance experience an asset.
- Experience working with process historian and data visualization software packages such as OSIsoft’s PI, Honeywell PHD, Siemens XHQ, GE Proficy, MOPS, BrainCube, Wedge.
- Experience with modelling and statistical software & languages such as Minitab, MATLAB, R or Python an asset.