Filtrate extraction sampler
- Extracts filtrate from a pulp stream or tower
- Adapts to a wide range of applications and consistencies up to 15%
- Fully adjustable sampling and backflush cycles to prevent plugging
Filtrate sampler: Filtrate extractor
First step in measuring on the process filtrate is to get it out
The FXS filtrate sampler is a general-purpose sampling device designed to extract a filtrate sample from a pulp process. It is designed for use with the BTG Valve Control Unit VCU-1000 and can also be used in combination with chemical analyzers such as pH- meters.
The FXS filtrate sampler system consists of a sampling probe with a ball valve, a sample/backflush valve assembly and a timer control box, VCU-1000.
The FXS-family is designed to withstand the worst chemical environments including strong acids, caustics, and bleaching chemicals.
The probe is inserted into the process line through a ball valve mounted on a weld-in cone. The screw mechanism makes it easy and safe to insert and remove the probe from pressurized pipes. The extractor is available in titanium or stainless steel.
The FXS consists of a special filter tip mounted on a probe tube. When inserted into the process, the process pressure will force filtrate through the filter to the probe outlet for further transport.
The flow rates are mainly dependent on the nature of the fibers and the process pressure.
The fibers or solids in the process may obstruct the filter and cause a sampling flow rate drop. To prevent this, the timer in the VCU activates an automatic backflush cycle using compressed air.
Moving manufacturing forward
BTG integrates solutions for sustainable gains in business performance across your operations
Best in-class solutions
Leading-edge product application solutions deliver best-in-class solution for manufacturing
Proven cross-mill benefits
An integrated whole-of-mill approach that unlock new levels of process optimization
Trusted at every level
Measurable performance gains that support operational, maintenance and project professionals
Value added services
- BTG’s Mütek lab devices create cost savings through optimized chemical dosage and reliable, stable operation
- A new, fast and accurate method to optimize polymer dosage for dewatering processes in ‘ effluent treatment
- BTG’s Mütek PCD opens up new options for measurement of grain products, raw materials, additives and finished products
Get Access to our marketing materials, installation guides etc,.