Morphology – Knowing your fiber
Fiber cost reduction | Uniform pulp quality | Reduce laboratory resources | Energy saving
Online Morphology measurement
Fiber morphology can be applied for predictions of other pulp and paper properties such as freeness and strength.
As a papermaker, fiber can make up to 70% of my total cost of production. Being able to measure fiber morphology on-line means:
- I understand the influence of different brands of the same pulp grade on finished product quality in terms of fiber properties
- I understand how refining can alter these properties and hence finished product quality
- I can select alternative fiber grades/properties to effect product differentiation for different eco and geographical market requirements.
- I can understand how fiber choice and fiber management can influence my required drying energy
- I can substitute alternative pulps more easily while maintaining control of product quality
- I can understand how variation within a single brand/source of pulp affects my product quality and adjust my process to compensate
Moving manufacturing forward
BTG integrates solutions for sustainable gains in business performance across your operations
Best in-class solutions
Leading-edge product application solutions deliver best-in-class solution for manufacturing
Proven cross-mill benefits
An integrated whole-of-mill approach that unlock new levels of process optimization
Trusted at every level
Measurable performance gains that support operational, maintenance and project professionals
Value added services
- BTG’s Mütek lab devices create cost savings through optimized chemical dosage and reliable, stable operation
- A new, fast and accurate method to optimize polymer dosage for dewatering processes in ‘ effluent treatment
- BTG’s Mütek PCD opens up new options for measurement of grain products, raw materials, additives and finished products
Get Access to our marketing materials, installation guides etc,.