Freeness Measurement – parameter for pulp dewatering
1. Controlled freeness, generate energy savings
2. Important for refining control and saving energy
3. Standard lab method for freeness optimization
Freeness – a parameter that influence energy on refiner and can generate savings
Pulp Draining measurement
Paper and pulp industry the freeness as a standard measure to represent pulp properties. The freeness is the total volume of water discharged from a side orifice of a specific configuration while the pulp suspension drains freely under gravity.
Standard method is to use a screen for dewatering pulp based on gravity force. This parameter is influenced by the paper machine’s fourdrinier former by pulp refiners prior to the paper machine. That we call wet-end part of the process.
How to do freeness measurement
- Lab method
- Online freeness measurement
Moving manufacturing forward
BTG integrates solutions for sustainable gains in business performance across your operations
Best in-class solutions
Leading-edge product application solutions deliver best-in-class solution for manufacturing
Proven cross-mill benefits
An integrated whole-of-mill approach that unlock new levels of process optimization
Trusted at every level
Measurable performance gains that support operational, maintenance and project professionals
Value added services
- BTG’s Mütek lab devices create cost savings through optimized chemical dosage and reliable, stable operation
- A new, fast and accurate method to optimize polymer dosage for dewatering processes in ‘ effluent treatment
- BTG’s Mütek PCD opens up new options for measurement of grain products, raw materials, additives and finished products
Get Access to our marketing materials, installation guides etc,.