The aim of consistency control is to reduce variations
Accurately measuring consistency impact: Profitability, End product quality, Equipment performance
Accurate consistency control saves money:
- Through tighter consistency control
- Improved basis weight
- Reduced raw material costs
- Chemical savings
- Reduction of total cost of ownership
- Through better pulper control
Correct consistency is foundation for the complete process
Consistency is the foundational parameter in all pulp and paper making processes to manage mass flow at target consistency and managing it correctly is critical. This applies to virgin pulp making, recycle fiber processing, mechanical pulping, stock preparation and paper machines.
Consistency is defined by the total content of dry solids in the pulp slurry, the slurry being made of water, fibers, fines and fillers. In other words, this is the weight of suspended solids per liter of liquid, and can be summarized as:
Total Consistency (%) = dry weight of sample / total weight of sample x 100
BTG experts combine technical and process knowledge to help you optimize the performance of your consistency control loops and associated elements.
In consistency measurement, the right hardware is a must. The right brainware is the difference.
We have consistency in our DNA, with 100 years of experience in this industry
Moving manufacturing forward
BTG integrates solutions for sustainable gains in business performance across your operations
Best in-class solutions
Leading-edge product application solutions deliver best-in-class solution for manufacturing
Proven cross-mill benefits
An integrated whole-of-mill approach that unlock new levels of process optimization
Trusted at every level
Measurable performance gains that support operational, maintenance and project professionals
Value added services
- BTG’s Mütek lab devices create cost savings through optimized chemical dosage and reliable, stable operation
- A new, fast and accurate method to optimize polymer dosage for dewatering processes in ‘ effluent treatment
- BTG’s Mütek PCD opens up new options for measurement of grain products, raw materials, additives and finished products
Get Access to our marketing materials, installation guides etc,.