Thank you for visiting our website and your interest in www.btg.com. We regard the privacy of your data as essential. We therefore wish to inform you in the following about how we process your personal data. The website www.btg.com and all the services associated with it are offered by BTG Eclépens S.A, Switzerland and, in certain cases, by its affiliated undertakings (referred to in the following as BTG).
Controller for the processing of data is:
BTG Eclépens S.A
Z.I. Village 1312
Phone: +41 21 866 00 66
Collecting, processing and storing personal data
Personal data is processed whenever (i) this is necessary for the IT involved in the technical operation of the website or linked services (apps) or whenever such processing guarantees ease of use of the website or such services, (ii) such processing is necessary for the purpose of initiating or performing a contract and the personal data is usually provided by you for this purpose, or (iii) generally for the purpose of maintaining the business relationship, e.g. for sending information material. If it is necessary to forward your data to other Group companies for the above-mentioned purposes, your data can be passed on to them. Beyond that, your data will not be passed on. Your data will not be sold, rented out or made available to third parties in any other way. Personal data is only transferred to government agencies or authorities if this is necessary for compliance with mandatory national statutory provisions.
Data which we process when you use the website
Data is either recorded by you yourself or, for technical IT reasons, are generated automatically when you visit our website. In particular, technical IT data is stored temporarily in a logfile and is deleted automatically when the purpose for which they have been stored no longer applies.
- The IP address of the requesting computer
- Date and time of access
- Name and URL of the file accessed
- Website from which access was made (referrer URL)
- Browser used and, where applicable, the operating system of your computer and the name of your access provider
We process the data stated for the following purposes:
- To ensure that the connection to the website is established smoothly,
- To ensure that our website is convenient to use,
- To evaluate system security and stability.
Contact and request forms
We offer you extensive personal support. If you contact us using the contact form, we will collect your first and last names for this purpose together with your email address so that we can send you a fast and personalized response to your request. The data is used to answer your request and, in cases where you may wish to become a customer, to send information on BTG’s products and services.
Registration for MyBTG
BTG provides customers and partners with a central access point for all applications and services for collaboration purposes. Access is only available to those users who have registered beforehand.
Cookies are small files created automatically via your browser which are stored on your terminal device (laptop, tablet, smart phone or similar). Cookies do not contain viruses, Trojans or other malware. Information is stored in cookies in connection with the specific terminal device used. This does not mean that we have immediate access to your identity. The purpose of cookies is to make it easier for you to use our services. The following types of cookies are used.
- Cookies which are absolutely essential (technical IT cookies) are needed for the operation of a website and are essential in order to navigate on and use the functions of the website. These cookies are not stored permanently on your computer or device and are deleted when you close your browser (session cookies).
- Statistical, analytical cookies (performance cookies) enable the number of visitors and sources of traffic to be recorded and counted in order to measure and improve the performance of the website. They are also used to find out whether any problems or errors occur on certain websites, which websites are most popular and how visitors navigate through the website. Analytical / Performance cookies are deleted after a defined retention period.
- Tracking cookies: We don’t set so called tracking cookies on our websites.
||These cookies are used by Google Analytics. They collect information on how visitors use the Website. The
data collected is in anonymous form and is also used by Google to produce reports that help us improve the Website.
||This is used to record
||These contain information
about your general geographic location (used to remember your time zone, for
example). These are known as session cookies and are deleted when you leave the
||Used by Wordfence (a WordPress plugin) to protect the
Website against malicious attacks.
||This plugin is used by WordPress to see if the user’s browser has options for reading cookies enabled.
You have a number of rights under applicable data protection law in respect of our processing of your personal data, these include:
- the right to request access to your personal data;
- the right to request rectification of any personal data that we hold;
- subject to certain conditions:
- the right to request erasure of your personal data;
- the right to request restriction of processing of your personal data;
- the right to have your personal data transferred to another controller;
- where we rely on your consent for processing, the right to withdraw such consent; and
- the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority. In BTG, this is the “préposée à la protection des données et à l’information” of Canton de Vaud, Rue Saint-Martin 6, Case postale 5485, 1002 Lausanne, Switzerland firstname.lastname@example.org
A list of other authorities can be found in the provided download (National Data Protection Authorities v1.0 20180419). Further details on the scope of these rights can be found in our Data Subject Rights Request Form, which is also provided as a download (BTG Data Subject Request May 2018). Should you wish to exercise your rights, please complete this request form and send (including any supporting documents) to the BTG Chief Privacy Officer: email@example.com When in doubt, or if you have any questions relating to data protection, you can contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
The criterion for the storage of personal data is the applicable statutory retention period or the cessation of the purpose, in particular if processing is lawfully based on the balance of interests. The data are routinely erased.