BLT-5500 Bleach Load Transmitter
One sensor measures the lignin content of both the fiber and filtrate
- Key parameter in fiberline operations control
- Improve brown stock washing
- Enhanced oxygen delignification and D0 operations
- Reduce chemical costs
- Lower energy costs in evaporation plant
BLT-5500: Bleach load
Bleach Load Transmitter
The purpose of the BLT is to measure the total bleach load, or chemical demand of the pulp stream going into the bleach plant stages. The BLT uses UV-VIS light sources to measure both the fiber lignin and the lignin dissolved in the liquid phase of the pulp stream. The BLT provides an in-line continuous measurement of the total lignin content of the pulp stream thus giving the total blech load of the pulp. Furthermore, the BLT is simultaneously measuring the pulp brightness. Using the multiple light sources, it is also possible to calibrate the BLT to measure the conventional fiber kappa number provided that the pulp is well washed.
Neither the standard laboratory kappa test nor the result from a traditional online kappa analyzer addresses any lignin carry over in the filtrate coming with pulp stream. The ability to measure total bleach load allows for a more accurate control of the chemical charge thus reducing the cost for chemical without risking low brightness pulp.
Moving manufacturing forward
BTG integrates solutions for sustainable gains in business performance across your operations
Best in-class solutions
Leading-edge product application solutions deliver best-in-class solution for manufacturing
Proven cross-mill benefits
An integrated whole-of-mill approach that unlock new levels of process optimization
Trusted at every level
Measurable performance gains that support operational, maintenance and project professionals
Value added services
- BTG’s Mütek lab devices create cost savings through optimized chemical dosage and reliable, stable operation
- A new, fast and accurate method to optimize polymer dosage for dewatering processes in ‘ effluent treatment
- BTG’s Mütek PCD opens up new options for measurement of grain products, raw materials, additives and finished products
Get Access to our marketing materials, installation guides etc,.